Friday, January 01, 2010

Meet Author Jennifer Greenleaf!






Maine Living: One Writer's Perspective:

Can you give my readers a synopsis?
This book is a compilation of articles I wrote in 2001 that have since grown stale on the Internet. My goal: gather them all up, and breath new life into them. I wanted to give my readers a glimpse into what it's like to live in this great State of Maine from "one writer's perspective." Readers will walk away with information, bits of history, entertainment, and diary-style writing.

You have several titles, Jenn what made this one special for you?
This particular title is special for me because each piece of writing featured in this text was written as events were unfolding in my life, as I wanted to learn new things, and as I experienced new things. I was a young mother, so each piece of writing also holds memories of what I was doing and how I was caring for my children at the time.

What were some of your biggest challenges while writing Maine Living?
When these pieces were originally written, I was living in a small duplex in Boothbay Harbor, Maine. While it's a beautiful area filled with excellent touristy things to do, it's a difficult place for locals to live "off season." We experienced a lot of power-outages from ice storms, we had to do a lot of walking with babies in strollers because our car was unreliable, and things like that. Each time I sat down to write, I used those challenges to fuel whatever I planned to complete that day.

After the project's completion, did you think later about something you should have included?
I should've done more town and city features because there are a lot of interesting and unheard of corners in Maine that deserve some attention.
Who is your biggest cheerleader?
My children! They want to bring my books in to show their classes during "sharing time" and "show 'n tell."

What blogs do you like to read?
My list is lengthy, so I'll give you the short and sweet version:
http://www.creativelyselfemployed.com/blog.htm
http://therenegadewriter.com/
http://thewritermama.wordpress.com/
http://somethingshewrote.blogspot.com/
http://flibbitygibbet.blogspot.com/

Were your parents creative types as well?
My mother used to be a "crafter" and worked the Maine Made Craft shows. My father used to be a computer science teacher, but he liked to draw when he was very young.

We know what you do well; what is something you struggle with?
Time management is my biggest hiccup right now. I find myself focusing on doing things for others or for the household during the majority of the day, which ultimately leads to very little writing time. This is a problem I'm consistently working toward fixing, though.

Jenn has a busy life as a mother of two, a stepmother to one, and soon will be a "kitty mommy" of three kittens!

She adds: My family inspires the majority of my writing and book ideas, which is such a gratifying feeling. Each time I hold a copy of one of my books, or see something published online, I can't help thinking, "I wouldn't have been able to accomplish this if it wasn't for them."

Please ask for Jenn's books at your library, and visit her sites to learn more about this hard working and creative lady!

Jenn's Facebook Fan page


Side Note: Check back in the next few weeks to learn a little something about one of this author's other titles.

101 Mixed-Media Art Projects, How-To's & Ideas: A Beginner's Guide to Art With No Rules!

Writing Blog:
12 Publications in 12 Months Blog:
Happy 2010 Jenn~ I'm wishing you great success!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you very much! This was certainly my pleasure!

sojournquilts said...

Lovely interview. Great learning about a fellow Maine-iac!

 
UA-7283460-7